“Team Umizoomi features a tiny team of superheroes, Milli, Geo and Bot, who use their mighty math powers to help little kids solve big problems. The series combines action-adventure missions with an interactive math curriculum designed to help kids develop self-confidence in their math abilities and appreciate the many ways in which math shapes their world. The Umi Team is not complete without their Umi Friends (home viewers), who help the team along the way while practicing various math skills. Set to a soundtrack of preschool-friendly pop songs, the series is designed to build upon preschoolers’ conceptual understanding of math as they are exposed to core mathematical concepts like numbers, counting, computations, measurement, patterns and shapes.”
My girls enjoy watching Team Umizoomi. For my youngest, she enjoys the music and when the characters interact with the viewing audience by asking questions. Four my oldest, she enjoys counting and figuring out patterns so she enjoys the team’s problem solving sections.
Team Umizoomi: Umigames episodes included are:
- Umi Sport Games: Team Umizoomi is playing in the biggest sports event around: the Umi Games! To win the Super Sports Trophy, Milli, Geo and Bot must defeat the robotic athletes.
- Boardwalk Games: Team Umizoomi’s friend Ryan wants to win a toy helicopter at the Boardwalk Carnival. Milli, Geo and Bot play carnival games to earn tickets and help Ryan win the special prize.
- Crazy Skates: Bot decides to give roller-skating a try but when he puts on a pair of “crazy skates” by accident, he starts rolling out-of-control all cross Umi City. Milli and Geo must rescue their runaway robot pal.
- Carnival: Jake calls in from his class trip at the Umi City Carnival. The class is having a great time on all the rides but Jake lost his favorite stuffed animal Bunny! Team Umizoomi takes the Umicar to the carnival to help Jake rescue his stuffed animal.
* I received a copy of this DVD for free to complete my review. The opinions expressed in this post are mine only and are in no way influenced by any outside factors.